If anyone is worthy of a Earthday blog post – Bob Marley is that guy. Gone but so very alive – his music is played all over the world and I’m yet to meet someone who doesn’t recognise a song (except the chick in “I Am Legend” who was quickly educated).
Bob Marley is a legend. A revolutionist. A believer. A ‘erbalist.
In true Valentines day spirit, I found my second favourite love quote from the guy himself. Makes me think of my first love everytime:
“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.”
― Bob Marley
My top 5 Bob Marley songs are as follows (not in preference order as I love them all):
- Trench Town Rock
- Stir It Up
- Wait In Vain
- Is This Love
- Turn Your Lights Down Low ft.Lauryn Hill (I think this might actually be my favourite)
- Happy Birthday Bob Marley and Mystic Bowie – One Love (musicofourheart.me)
- Happy Birthday Bob! (moorbey.wordpress.com)
- Today is Bob Marley’s Birthday-A Man of Love Placed Under CIA Surveillance (hiphopandpolitics.wordpress.com)
- Born On This Day in 1945: Reggae Music Legend Bob Marley (VIDEO) (goodblacknews.org)
- Today’s birthday 6 february (italiansoul.wordpress.com)